Friday, January 22, 2010

Use For Romesco #2 – Fideuá a Romesco Con Rapė - Pasta à la Romesco with Monk Fish

This is a dish I made up to use up ingredients from previous recipes. Basically it's pasta coated with romesco with monk fish poached in clarified butter. It worked very well. I know it's not Spanish to poach fish in butter, but it's yummy.


Ingredients:
  • 120 g Fideuá
  • 200 g Monk Fish Fillets
  • 150 ml Romesco Sauce
  • 100 ml Fish Stock
  • 80 g Clarified Butter
  • 5 g Chopped Parsley
Put It Together:
  1. Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
  2. Combine the romesco and stock in a sauce pan, and heat and reduce to thicken.
  3. Heat the butter over low heat in a small pot to a bare simmer, and poach the fish until done.
  4. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
  5. Stir to coat the pasta.
  6. Dish the pasta onto the center of a plate.
  7. Top the pasta with the poached fish.
  8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
  9. Serve.
Review
  • Shirlee – Liked It
  • John — Liked It
  • Do Again – Yes, if I have the same combination of ingredients available.
  • Leftovers – None
What I'll Do Next Time
This is not a dish I'd go out of my way to reproduce, but I'd do it again with other types of fish or seafood.


No comments:

Post a Comment