I went to the kitchen section of the local mega market and was amazed by the types of graters. I liked one that was a box fitted with a snap on grater as the lid. I didn't get it as I already have a box grater, a micro plane, and cheese grater for hard cheeses. That's three graters on one boat and that's enough.
Front row: Olive oil, bread crumbs, Manchego cheese, grated tomato
Middle row: Hollowed out zucchini, ground beef & pork
Back row: Diced onion, diced zucchini pulp
- 2 small Zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 oz/30 ml Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Tomato, grated and skin discarded
- 2.5 oz/70 g Ground Pork
- 2.5 oz/70 g Ground Beef
- 1 tblsp/3 g Fine Bread Crumbs
- 1 tblsp/3 g Semi Curado Manchego Cheese, grated
Put It Together:
- Scrape out the pulp from the zucchini halves creating a little dugout canoe.
- Finely dice the zucchini pulp and reserve.
- Cut the tomato in half and grate each half. Discard the skins.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil, onion, and grated tomato to the hot pan.
- Sauté until the onion is softened.
- Add the beef, pork, and zucchini pulp to the pan.
- Turn the heat to high and break up the meat to small pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the meat is crumbly and cooked.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini halves.
- Sprinkle the tops with the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the tops with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes. This will firm up the filling.